GTA Frozen Pipe Repair
Call Our Reliable Emergency Local Plumbers 24-Hours For Successful Long-Term Solutions
Our Trusted Company Has Served Customers Local Emergency Plumbing Fast For Nearly 30 Years
‘Last updated: September 26, 2018‘ Although frozen and burst pipes are a seasonal problem, with the freezing winters we have, frozen pipes are an emergency problem here in the north. It is more common than most people think. This is because most houses were built a while ago and are not prepared to handle the freezing and thawing that occurs over time damaging the pipes. Our plumbers receive frequent calls during the winter months regarding pipes freezing and bursting. The best way to deal with pipes freezing is preventative measures.
Causes for Frozen Pipes
Most people do not understand what causes a pipe to freeze and burst. This is simple. Think of water vs ice. Ice is heavier, more dense, and harder than water. As the temperature drops, the molecules in water begin to expand. If you have seen a video of a snowflake form from a water droplet and how the crystals expand, you will see how water expands to form ice. You can see a video here of a snowflake forming. So as the temperature drops, the water molecules begin to slow down and expand, forming ice. Eventually, the whole pipe will freeze and expand, and as the water pressure from the main valve continues to push water through, the water tries to find a way through. Eventually, the pipe will burst, causing your home to start flooding.
Our experienced plumbers have attended many houses to fix frozen pipes. When water starts flooding, the floors, walls, furniture, electronics and much more get damaged in the process. We have seen damages ranging from a few hundred dollars for homeowners who identify and immediately call a plumber, to tens of thousands of dollars for homeowners who are unaware that a leak has occurred.
How to Fix the Problem
Sometimes when a leak is quickly identified, and it doesn’t seem like a big problem, homeowners try to fix the problem themselves. While this may work temporarily as the water has burst once before, it will happen again unless properly dealt with. There are also many Do It Yourself (DIY) tutorials one can find online for smaller repairs to pipes. But if there is a major leak, it is best to call a plumbing technician. Frozen pipes can be a huge headache if not dealt with immediately or correctly.
Preventing Frozen Pipes
While you should always call a plumber to help with this problem, there are some preventative measures one can take to prevent frozen pipes. Here are some things to check to make sure your pipes do not freeze:
1. Locate your water main – Everyone at home should know where the main water valve is and how to shut it off. If leaving your home for more than a few days, especially in the winter months, always shut off your water main.
2. Insulation – Homes more than a few years old do not have insulation on the walls. This allows cold air to freeze the pipes. Insulating your walls, especially around the plumbing, will ensure your pipes do not freeze.
3. Heat Circulation – Make sure heat is properly circulating throughout the entire home. Sometimes we shut the doors for rooms we are not using. Pipes can freeze anywhere in the house. Keeping your doors open will properly circulate the heat of the house. Keeping lights and heat on in certain colder areas such as basements and storage rooms.
Call us anytime you have any questions or in the case of a burst pipe.
Here are our popular service areas for local burst and frozen pipe repair services:
- Toronto Plumbers – (416) 433-1111
- Acton Plumbers – (905) 691-5555
- Ajax Plumbers – (905) 391-4444
- Aurora Plumbers – (905) 717-7000
- Bolton Plumbers – (905) 867-6666
- Bradford Plumbers – (905) 868-5000
- Brampton Plumbers – (905) 867-6666
- Burlington Plumbers – (905) 483-1000
- Etobicoke Plumbers – (416) 433-1111
- Georgetown Plumbers – (905) 691-5555
- Hamilton Plumbers – (905) 869-8000
- Markham Plumbers – (416) 433-1111
- Milton Plumbers – (905) 691-5555
- Mississauga Plumbers – (905) 601-8000
- Newmarket Plumbers – (905) 868-5000
- Oakville Plumbers – (905) 483-1000
- Orangeville Plumbers – (519) 938-1111
- Richmond Hill Plumbers – (416) 433-1111
- Scarborough Plumbers – (416) 433-1111
- Uxbridge Plumbers – (905) 391-4444
- Vaughan Plumbers – (416) 433-1111
- Whitby Plumbers – (905) 391-4444
*If your town or city is not listed above please call the nearest local phone number to you as we have local plumbing professionals in many additional locations. Thank you.
Some past clients we’ve had the opportunity to work for:
Our Plumbing Services
There are several plumbers out there. Many have experience. So why choose us over everyone else? Here are a few reasons:
No Hourly Charges – Many customers do not see the advantages of having a plumber who does not work by the hour. A plumber who works on a fixed price has no reason to stick around after the job is finished to ensure he gets paid more. Even if the job takes more time than required, you still pay the same amount.
Upfront, Exact Pricing – Every job we do has a set price shown in our price book. We go through with you exactly what the scope of the work will be to fix your problem and the costs involved. You know before we start what the final price will be – no surprises!
Rapid Response Times – Our highly efficient dispatch team will make sure our local plumbers are at your location as soon as possible. Under regular conditions, our plumbing technicians will arrive at your location within 24-hours. Service calls can take longer than expected and specialty parts may need to be ordered, which may push the wait times longer so we communicate ongoing.
Priority Calls – Emergency calls are our highest priority. We know they can quickly become a serious situation. You can place a priority call to ensure you are the next customer to be serviced. The technician will be at your location within 24-hours. All priority calls require a credit card upon calling.
Local Plumbers – There is no sense in calling a plumbing service that is in another city. We have plumbers in all major city centers across the GTA that can respond to your emergency when you need it.
Fully Loaded Work Trucks – A fully inventoried truck is crucial so that your problem can not only be diagnosed quickly, but fixed quickly as well. Even if the job requires a specialty part, we can have it ordered within 24-hours.
* Terms and conditions apply. Check policies for more information.