Basement Waterproofing Whitby
Local Expert Basement Waterproofing Whitby
‘Last updated: December 16, 2017‘ If you live in an area where flooding is common, it is a good idea to have professional basement waterproofing Whitby. When water and moisture make its way into your basement, it can cause property damage and even lower your property value. It can also cause sickness to the occupants of your home.
There are both interior and exterior options to choose from when you hire us for basement waterproofing Whitby. Exterior waterproofing is quite a big job as it requires the digging up of soil surrounding your home’s foundation yet it is a complete preventative solution you will appreciate for many decades into the future. Interior basement waterproofing is certainly a sound choice as well to prevent moisture from entering into your basement though it does not protect the foundation of the home from the outside. Either way, you do well to hire our local waterproofing team to provide basement waterproofing Whitby. These are just a few ways water can make its way into your home:
Weak Foundation or Cracks in the Wall
Most basements are below the water table, as they are below ground. Hydrostatic pressure from the surrounding soil can cause the walls to crack. Eventually, small amounts of moisture will start to make its way through the cracks. Eventually, the foundation of the basement will become weak. For a permanent solution trust our basement waterproofing Whitby.
Plugged Weeping Tiles
Weeping tiles are drains used to collect water. When they become clogged, drain water can start to make its way back into your home. This water is dirty and contaminated and can cause sickness.
Leaky Windows and Blocked Drainage Tiles in Window Wells
Water can make its way into your basement through cracks in windows and frames. Rainwater and melting snow can seep in and cause damage to your walls, floors, and furniture. This is another aspect of your home we fix with our basement waterproofing Whitby.
Mold can be very dangerous to your health. Basements are the most susceptible to growing mold because they provide the perfect conditions for where mold form: dark and damp areas. The most common types of mold such as alternaria, penecillium, cladosporium, and aspergillus are not very harmful. However, sometimes harmful mold such as Stachybotrys chartarum can make their way into your basement and cause you to be sick.
The best way to prevent mold from entering your basement is basement waterproofing Whitby. Here is how we prevent moisture from entering your basement.
1. Every exterior basement waterproofing job starts with first excavating down to the footing of the basement. The depth will obviously range but we typically excavate out 2-2.5 feet from the wall.
2. We dig out the old weeping tile and replace it with new 4″ weeping tile with filter cloth.
3. Next step is to clean the foundation walls searching for cracks, voids, and any other defects, chisel them out and fill with hydraulic cement which expands to completely fill the void.
4. From the grading down to the footing, we apply a rubbery membrane which is the most critical component in preventing water from breaching your foundation walls.
5. On top of that layer, we apply a dimpled drainage board which will be up against the soil. The dimples create little air gaps so that any water that gets through, drains directly down into the weeping tile.
6. Now that the waterproofing membrane is installed, we install a layer of 3/4″ gravel on top of the weeping tile and then do a water test to ensure the drainage is working properly.
7. We then backfill the excavated hole we made with the same soil we took out, compact it with a tamper to the original level, and clean up the area so it looks like we were never there! For more information on basement waterproofing Whitby, call us today.
“When I wanted professional basement waterproofing in Whitby near me Plumber.ca arrived quickly and did a great job.”
Our Plumbing Services
Some past clients we’ve had the opportunity to work for:
Why Plumber.ca For Basement Waterproofing Whitby?
There are several plumbers out there. Many have experience. So why choose us over everyone else? Here are a few reasons:
No Hourly Charges – Many customers do not see the advantages of having a plumber who does not work by the hour. A plumber who works on a fixed price has no reason to stick around after the job is finished to ensure he gets paid more. Even if the job takes more time than required, you still pay the same amount.
Upfront, Exact Pricing – Every job we do has a set price shown in our price book. We go through with you exactly what the scope of the work will be to fix your problem and the costs involved. You know before we start what the final price will be – no surprises!
Rapid Response Times – Our highly efficient dispatch team will make sure our local plumbers are at your location as soon as possible. Under regular conditions, our plumbing technicians will arrive at your location within 24-hours. Service calls can take longer than expected and specialty parts may need to be ordered, which may push the wait times longer so we communicate ongoing.
Priority Calls – Emergency calls are our highest priority. We know they can quickly become a serious situation. You can place a priority call to ensure you are the next customer to be serviced. The technician will be at your location within 24-hours. All priority calls require a credit card upon calling.
Local Plumbers – There is no sense in calling a plumbing service that is in another city. We have plumbers in all major city centers across the GTA that can respond to your emergency when you need it.
Fully Loaded Work Trucks – A fully inventoried truck is crucial so that your problem can not only be diagnosed quickly, but fixed quickly as well. Even if the job requires a specialty part, we can have it ordered within 24-hours.
* Terms and conditions apply. Check policies for more information.