Basement Waterproofing Vaughan
Proven Basement Waterproofing Vaughan
‘Last updated: April 16, 2018‘ Trust our expert basement waterproofing Vaughan as water and moisture buildup can be very dangerous to your home. There are several ways water can build up and cause a toll on your bank account and the health of your family. Having a leaking basement foundation can lead to serious damage which can also lead to a basement flooding situation which you will want to prevent with our basement waterproofing Vaughan.
You can opt for either interior or exterior basement waterproofing both of which are great choices. You will find interior waterproofing to be a quicker service that is less costly and less intrusive. And while it will prevent moisture from reaching your basement it does not fully protect your home’s foundation from the outside. Exterior basement waterproofing Vaughan, on the other hand, is a complete solution which protects your basement and the foundation of your home. It is a bigger project which can be somewhat disruptive but you can rely on our professional approach as a highly efficient and effective service. Here are a few ways water can make its way into your basement:
Weak Foundation or Cracks in the Wall
Most basements are below the ground. What happens over time is water and moisture from the soil around the basement build up hydrostatic pressure against the walls and floors of your basement. This will eventually cause the walls and floors to crack and eventually that moisture will make its way into the basement. As time goes on, these cracks and crevices become bigger and weaken the foundation of your house. Trust our basement waterproofing Vaughan for a permanent solution.
Plugged Weeping Tiles
Waterproofing your basement is important because it also protects your house from drain backwater flow. This means if a sewer ever gets backed up near your house and starts moving in the opposite direction, it can start moving back into your home’s plumbing causing some major damage.
Leaky Windows and Blocked Drainage Tiles in Window Wells
Just like the walls and floors of your basement, the framed around the windows eventually become weak and may allow water to enter your home. To prevent this, simply replace your window frames. We will take care of this with our basement waterproofing Vaughan.
This is the worst thing that can happen in your basement. Mold can be extremely harmful and can cause sickness. The most common types of mold such as alternaria, penecillium, cladosporium, and aspergillus are the least harmful. However, sometimes harmful mold such as Stachybotrys chartarum can make their way into your basement and cause sickness.
The best way to prevent mold from entering is basement waterproofing Vaughan. Here is how we prevent moisture from entering your basement.
1. Every exterior basement waterproofing job starts with first excavating down to the footing of the basement. The depth will obviously range but we typically excavate out 2-2.5 feet from the wall.
2. We dig out the old weeping tile and replace it with new 4″ weeping tile with filter cloth.
3. Next step is to clean the foundation walls searching for cracks, voids, and any other defects, chisel them out and fill with hydraulic cement which expands to completely fill the void.
4. From the grading down to the footing, we apply a rubbery membrane which is the most critical component in preventing water from breaching your foundation walls.
5. On top of that layer, we apply a dimpled drainage board which will be up against the soil. The dimples create little air gaps so that any water that gets through, drains directly down into the weeping tile.
6. Now that the waterproofing membrane is installed, we install a layer of 3/4″ gravel on top of the weeping tile and then do a water test to ensure the drainage is working properly.
7. We then backfill the excavated hole we made with the same soil we took out, compact it with a tamper to the original level, and clean up the area so it looks like we were never there! For more information on basement waterproofing Vaughan, call us today.
“When I needed Vaughan basement waterproofing near me, Plumber.ca did a world-class job.”
Our Plumbing Services
Some past clients we’ve had the opportunity to work for:
Why Plumber.ca For Basement Waterproofing Vaughan?
There are several plumbers out there. Many have experience. So why choose us over everyone else? Here are a few reasons:
No Hourly Charges – Many customers do not see the advantages of having a plumber who does not work by the hour. A plumber who works on a fixed price has no reason to stick around after the job is finished to ensure he gets paid more. Even if the job takes more time than required, you still pay the same amount.
Upfront, Exact Pricing – Every job we do has a set price shown in our price book. We go through with you exactly what the scope of the work will be to fix your problem and the costs involved. You know before we start what the final price will be – no surprises!
Rapid Response Times – Our highly efficient dispatch team will make sure our local plumbers are at your location as soon as possible. Under regular conditions, our plumbing technicians will arrive at your location within 24-hours. Service calls can take longer than expected and specialty parts may need to be ordered, which may push the wait times longer so we communicate ongoing.
Priority Calls – Emergency calls are our highest priority. We know they can quickly become a serious situation. You can place a priority call to ensure you are the next customer to be serviced. The technician will be at your location within 24-hours. All priority calls require a credit card upon calling.
Local Plumbers – There is no sense in calling a plumbing service that is in another city. We have plumbers in all major city centers across the GTA that can respond to your emergency when you need it.
Fully Loaded Work Trucks – A fully inventoried truck is crucial so that your problem can not only be diagnosed quickly, but fixed quickly as well. Even if the job requires a specialty part, we can have it ordered within 24-hours.
* Terms and conditions apply. Check policies for more information.