Basement Waterproofing Uxbridge
Call (905) 391-4444
Effective Basement Waterproofing Uxbridge
‘Last updated: March 14, 2017‘ You should get professional basement waterproofing Uxbridge if have you noticed any moisture buildup in your basement. Call our professional local Uxbridge plumbers to fix this problem before it gets out of hand and leads to water and mold damage. Moisture can mean that the foundation of your home is becoming weak. Mold can also cause illness and should be dealt with immediately. Here are a few ways moisture and mold can build up:
Weak Foundation or Cracks in the Wall
The moisture in the soil around the basement put tension on the walls and floors of your basement called hydrostatic pressure. Over time, enough pressure builds up that it cracks the walls and floors, causing water and moisture to make its way in. We will fix this with our basement waterproofing Uxbridge.
Plugged Weeping Tiles
Ensure you have a proper method of preventing drain water backflow. If water starts making its way back into your home, it can cause flooding of contaminated water, which will cause damage and sickness.
Leaky Windows and Blocked Drainage Tiles in Window Wells
Water can also make its way into your home via your windows. If windows are not properly sealed, water can seep in from rain or melting snow. This is also part of the process when basement waterproofing Uxbridge.
The worst thing that moisture can do to your house is to create mold. As mold grows in dark and damp environments, basements are perfect for hosting these fungi. The most common types of mold such as alternaria, penecillium, cladosporium, and aspergillus are not very harmful. There is harmful mold such as Stachybotrys chartarum that can make their way into your basement and cause water damage and illness.
The best way to prevent mold from entering your basement is to prevent moisture from getting in. Here is how we prevent moisture from entering your basement.
1. Every exterior basement waterproofing job starts with first excavating down to the footing of the basement. The depth will obviously range but we typically excavate out 2-2.5 feet from the wall.
2. We dig out the old weeping tile and replace it with new 4″ weeping tile with filter cloth.
3. Next step is to clean the foundation walls searching for cracks, voids, and any other defects, chisel them out and fill with hydraulic cement which expands to completely fill the void.
4. From the grading down to the footing, we apply a rubbery membrane which is the most critical component in preventing water from breaching your foundation walls.
5. On top of that layer, we apply a dimpled drainage board which will be up against the soil. The dimples create little air gaps so that any water that gets through, drains directly down into the weeping tile.
6. Now that the waterproofing membrane is installed, we install a layer of 3/4″ gravel on top of the weeping tile and then do a water test to ensure the drainage is working properly.
7. We then backfill the excavated hole we made with the same soil we took out, compact it with a tamper to the original level, and clean up the area so it looks like we were never there!
For more information on basement waterproofing Uxbridge, call us today.
“When I required basement waterproofing in Uxbridge near me Plumber.ca was local and did quality work.”
Our Plumbing Services
Some of the past clients we’ve had the opportunity to work for:
Why Plumber.ca For Basement Waterproofing Uxbridge?
There are several plumbers out there. Many have experience. So why choose us over everyone else? Here are a few reasons:
No Hourly Charges – Many customers do not see the advantages of having a plumber who does not work by the hour. A plumber who works on a fixed price has no reason to stick around after the job is finished to ensure he gets paid more. Even if the job takes more time than required, you still pay the same amount.
Upfront, Exact Pricing – Every job we do has a set price shown in our price book. We go through with you exactly what the scope of the work will be to fix your problem and the costs involved. You know before we start what the final price will be -no surprises!
Rapid Response Times – Our highly efficient dispatch team will make sure our local plumbers are at your location as soon as possible. Under normal conditions, our technicians will arrive at your location within 48 hours. Service calls can take longer than expected and sometimes specialty parts need to be ordered, which may push the wait times longer than expected.
Priority Calls – Emergency calls are our highest priority. We know they can quickly become a serious situation. You can place a priority call to ensure you are the next customer to be serviced. The technician will be at your location within 24 hours. All priority calls require a credit card upon calling.
Local Plumbers – There is no sense in calling a plumbing service that is in another city. We have plumbers in all major city centers across the GTA that can respond to your emergency when you need it.
Fully Loaded Work Trucks – A fully inventoried truck is crucial so that your problem can not only be diagnosed quickly, but fixed quickly as well. Even if the job requires a specialty part, we can have it ordered within 24 hours.
* Terms and conditions apply. Check policies for more information.