Basement Waterproofing Toronto
Call (416) 433-1111
Professional Quality Basement Waterproofing Toronto
‘Last updated: March 14, 2017‘ Consider our expert basement waterproofing Toronto if you are having trouble with moisture or mold buildup in your basement. There are temporary solutions such as cleaning with bleach to remove the buildup, but if these issues have occurred once, they will occur again. To prevent these sanitary risks, call us for basement waterproofing Toronto experts.
If you choose interior basement waterproofing you will have made a solid preventative choice of service stopping moisture from entering your home and causing water damage and mold damage. If you choose exterior basement waterproofing Toronto it can be a major project yet it will be a long-term solution preventing damage to your home’s foundation as well as your basement. It’s not worth the risk of having your basement flood due to a leaking foundation. Unfortunately, it does happen when it could it have been prevented by our professional basement waterproofing Toronto. There are many reasons water can build up in your basement. Here are a few reasons:
Weak Foundation or Cracks in the Wall
If your basement happens to be ground level or below the ground, water will start to build up in the soil and raise the water table. A higher water table causes hydrostatic pressure below basements and against basement walls. This will force water through small cracks and crevices in the foundation walls, floors, and openings in the footing foundation wall joints. As time goes on, the water pressure will build and cause major damage to the structure of the house and mold buildup, which can be a health hazard. This will be fixed with our basement waterproofing Toronto.
Plugged Weeping Tiles
Drainage systems around your house can cause water to flow back through the drains and into your house, backing up your basement with drain water, which also poses a serious health risk.
Leaky Windows and Blocked Drainage Tiles in Window Wells
Water from rain and melting snow can seep through your basement windows and cause damage to your walls, floor, and furniture. To prevent this from happening, we will ensure your windows do not leak. This is part of our process basement waterproofing Toronto.
This might be the biggest problem to have due to the health risks. Mold grows in dark and damp surfaces. The most common types of mold such as alternaria, penecillium, cladosporium, and aspergillus are the least harmful. However, sometimes harmful mold such as Stachybotrys chartarum can make their way into your basement and cause sickness.
The best way to prevent mold from entering your basement is to prevent moisture from getting in. Here is how we prevent moisture from entering your basement.
1. Every exterior basement waterproofing job starts with first excavating down to the footing of the basement. The depth will obviously range but we typically excavate out 2-2.5 feet from the wall.
2. We dig out the old weeping tile and replace it with new 4″ weeping tile with filter cloth.
3. Next step is to clean the foundation walls searching for cracks, voids, and any other defects, chisel them out and fill with hydraulic cement which expands to completely fill the void.
4. From the grading down to the footing, we apply a rubbery membrane which is the most critical component in preventing water from breaching your foundation walls.
5. On top of that layer, we apply a dimpled drainage board which will be up against the soil. The dimples create little air gaps so that any water that gets through, drains directly down into the weeping tile.
6. Now that the waterproofing membrane is installed, we install a layer of 3/4″ gravel on top of the weeping tile and then do a water test to ensure the drainage is working properly.
7. We then backfill the excavated hole we made with the same soil we took out, compact it with a tamper to the original level, and clean up the area so it looks like we were never there!
For more information on basement waterproofing Toronto, call us today.
“When I needed basement waterproofing in Toronto near me I was so happy Plumber.ca does great work.”
Our Plumbing Services
Some of the past clients we’ve had the opportunity to work for:
Why Plumber.ca For Basement Waterproofing Toronto?
There are several plumbers out there. Many have experience. So why choose us over everyone else? Here are a few reasons:
No Hourly Charges – Many customers do not see the advantages of having a plumber who does not work by the hour. A plumber who works on a fixed price has no reason to stick around after the job is finished to ensure he gets paid more. Even if the job takes more time than required, you still pay the same amount.
Upfront, Exact Pricing – Every job we do has a set price shown in our price book. We go through with you exactly what the scope of the work will be to fix your problem and the costs involved. You know before we start what the final price will be -no surprises!
Rapid Response Times – Our highly efficient dispatch team will make sure our local plumbers are at your location as soon as possible. Under normal conditions, our technicians will arrive at your location within 48 hours. Service calls can take longer than expected and sometimes specialty parts need to be ordered, which may push the wait times longer than expected.
Priority Calls – Emergency calls are our highest priority. We know they can quickly become a serious situation. You can place a priority call to ensure you are the next customer to be serviced. The technician will be at your location within 24 hours. All priority calls require a credit card upon calling.
Local Plumbers – There is no sense in calling a plumbing service that is in another city. We have plumbers in all major city centers across the GTA that can respond to your emergency when you need it.
Fully Loaded Work Trucks – A fully inventoried truck is crucial so that your problem can not only be diagnosed quickly, but fixed quickly as well. Even if the job requires a specialty part, we can have it ordered within 24 hours.
* Terms and conditions apply. Check policies for more information.