Basement Waterproofing Scarborough
Professional & Local Basement Waterproofing Scarborough
‘Last updated: April 15, 2018‘ Basement waterproofing Scarborough, is more important than most people think. A basement that is prone to flooding can cause serious problems for the homeowner. First of all, it’s costly both financially and emotionally. When you add the fact that it will most likely lower your house’s value, it can become a nightmare for homeowners. To top it all off, having a basement that has moisture buildup can cause serious health risks for your family.
You can choose from whether you prefer to have exterior or interior basement waterproofing Scarborough. Either is a solid choice as our local experts will do a professional job with both services. Interior waterproofing is a less intrusive service and will prevent moisture from entering your basement certainly. Exterior basement waterproofing is more thorough as it completely waterproofs the foundation of your home from the outside. Regardless of your selection, our local plumbing and waterproofing team will ensure that your home is safe and dry for the inevitable future. Here are a few ways the moisture can build up in your basement:
Weak Foundation or Cracks in the Wall
Since most basements are below ground, the water table can cause hydrostatic pressure against the basement floors and walls. When enough pressure builds up, water will start making its way through any small cracks or crevices, making them bigger. Eventually, you will have to pay for damages and get basement waterproofing Scarborough.
Plugged Weeping Tiles
If a proper method for preventing drain water is not in place, through several different way drain water can make its way back to your house and flood your basement or lower level with sewer water.
Leaky Windows and Blocked Drainage Tiles in Window Wells
After enough time, all structures weaken. Same goes for the frames around your windows. When this happens, they will start letting moisture in first, then eventually start leaking when it rains or snows. This can be fixed with basement waterproofing Scarborough.
Mold is the worst thing that can happen in any basement due to its severe health risks. The most common types of the mold such as Alternaria, Penicillium, Cladosporium, and Aspergillus are not very harmful. However, sometimes harmful mold such as Stachybotrys chartarum can make their way into your basement and cause you to be sick.
The best way to prevent mold from entering your basement is to prevent moisture from getting in. Here is how we prevent moisture from entering your basement.
1. Every exterior basement waterproofing job starts with first excavating down to the footing of the basement. The depth will obviously range but we typically excavate out 2-2.5 feet from the wall.
2. We dig out the old weeping tile and replace it with new 4″ weeping tile with filter cloth.
3. Next step is to clean the foundation walls searching for cracks, voids, and any other defects, chisel them out and fill with hydraulic cement which expands to completely fill the void.
4. From the grading down to the footing, we apply a rubbery membrane which is the most critical component in preventing water from breaching your foundation walls.
5. On top of that layer, we apply a dimpled drainage board which will be up against the soil. The dimples create little air gaps so that any water that gets through, drains directly down into the weeping tile.
6. Now that the waterproofing membrane is installed, we install a layer of 3/4″ gravel on top of the weeping tile and then do a water test to ensure the drainage is working properly.
7. We then backfill the excavated hole we made with the same soil we took out, compact it with a tamper to the original level, and clean up the area so it looks like we were never there! For more information on basement waterproofing Scarborough, call us today.
“When I needed Scarborough basement waterproofing near me I made a great choice in Plumber.ca.”
Our Plumbing Services
Some past clients we’ve had the opportunity to work for:
Why Plumber.ca For Basement Waterproofing Scarborough?
There are several plumbers out there. Many have experience. So why choose us over everyone else? Here are a few reasons:
No Hourly Charges – Many customers do not see the advantages of having a plumber who does not work by the hour. A plumber who works on a fixed price has no reason to stick around after the job is finished to ensure he gets paid more. Even if the job takes more time than required, you still pay the same amount.
Upfront, Exact Pricing – Every job we do has a set price shown in our price book. We go through with you exactly what the scope of the work will be to fix your problem and the costs involved. You know before we start what the final price will be – no surprises!
Rapid Response Times – Our highly efficient dispatch team will make sure our local plumbers are at your location as soon as possible. Under regular conditions, our plumbing technicians will arrive at your location within 24-hours. Service calls can take longer than expected and specialty parts may need to be ordered, which may push the wait times longer so we communicate ongoing.
Priority Calls – Emergency calls are our highest priority. We know they can quickly become a serious situation. You can place a priority call to ensure you are the next customer to be serviced. The technician will be at your location within 24-hours. All priority calls require a credit card upon calling.
Local Plumbers – There is no sense in calling a plumbing service that is in another city. We have plumbers in all major city centers across the GTA that can respond to your emergency when you need it.
Fully Loaded Work Trucks – A fully inventoried truck is crucial so that your problem can not only be diagnosed quickly, but fixed quickly as well. Even if the job requires a specialty part, we can have it ordered within 24-hours.
* Terms and conditions apply. Check policies for more information.