Basement Waterproofing Orangeville
Call (519) 938-1111
Expert & Efficient Basement Waterproofing Orangeville
‘Last updated: February 8, 2017‘ Get basement waterproofing Orangeville if you have noticed moist areas in your basement. This is a sign you need to call an expert on basement waterproofing Orangeville. While it may not seem like a big deal, water buildup of any sort can be a serious issue for a homeowner. It can cause hefty damage to the foundation of your home and even cause sickness.
When you call our local experts for basement waterproofing Orangeville you can be confident that our solution, whether it is interior or exterior waterproofing you choose, that it will be a highly effective long-term solution which will keep your home safe and dry for decades into the future. Don’t take the risk of having a flood in your basement as it is a devasting situation to deal with both emotionally due to the stress caused and financially from the damage to your home and belongings. Here are just a few ways water can build up in your basement:
Weak Foundation or Cracks in the Wall
As most basements are below the water table, hydrostatic pressure from the surrounding soil can cause your floors and walls to form tiny cracks, allowing the moisture to seep in. As time goes on, these cracks and crevices will become bigger and cause more damage. Thus the need for basement waterproofing Orangeville.
Plugged Weeping Tiles
When sewer water backs up, it starts to flow backward. In an attempt to find a release, drain water can sometimes make its way back into your house. This contaminated water can be harmful to your family’s health and can also damage your home.
Leaky Windows and Blocked Drainage Tiles in Window Wells
Water can sometimes leak in through cracked or old windows. To prevent this, ensure that your windows in the basement are properly sealed. Simply trust our process of basement waterproofing Orangeville.
Mold is the worst case scenario from water buildup. Mold can be quite harmful if not treated correctly and basements are ideal environments for mold to grow. The most common types of mold such as alternaria, penecillium, cladosporium, and aspergillus are the least harmful. However, sometimes harmful mold such as Stachybotrys chartarum can make their way into your basement and cause sickness.
To prevent all of the above issues, basement waterproofing is needed. Here is how we protect your basement from water damage and sickness.
1. Every exterior basement waterproofing job starts with first excavating down to the footing of the basement. The depth will obviously range but we typically excavate out 2-2.5 feet from the wall.
2. We dig out the old weeping tile and replace it with new 4″ weeping tile with filter cloth.
3. Next step is to clean the foundation walls searching for cracks, voids, and any other defects, chisel them out and fill with hydraulic cement which expands to completely fill the void.
4. From the grading down to the footing, we apply a rubbery membrane which is the most critical component in preventing water from breaching your foundation walls.
5. On top of that layer, we apply a dimpled drainage board which will be up against the soil. The dimples create little air gaps so that any water that gets through, drains directly down into the weeping tile.
6. Now that the waterproofing membrane is installed, we install a layer of 3/4″ gravel on top of the weeping tile and then do a water test to ensure the drainage is working properly.
7. We then backfill the excavated hole we made with the same soil we took out, compact it with a tamper to the original level, and clean up the area so it looks like we were never there!
For more information on basement waterproofing Orangeville, call us today.
“When I needed reliable basement waterproofing in Orangeville near me Plumber.ca did a fantastic job.”
Our Plumbing Services
Some of the past clients we’ve had the opportunity to work for:
Why Plumber.ca? For Basement Waterproofing Orangeville
There are several plumbers out there. Many have experience. So why choose us over everyone else? Here are a few reasons:
No Hourly Charges – Many customers do not see the advantages of having a plumber who does not work by the hour. A plumber who works on a fixed price has no reason to stick around after the job is finished to ensure he gets paid more. Even if the job takes more time than required, you still pay the same amount.
Upfront, Exact Pricing – Every job we do has a set price shown in our price book. We go through with you exactly what the scope of the work will be to fix your problem and the costs involved. You know before we start what the final price will be -no surprises!
Rapid Response Times – Our highly efficient dispatch team will make sure our local plumbers are at your location as soon as possible. Under normal conditions, our technicians will arrive at your location within 48 hours. Service calls can take longer than expected and sometimes specialty parts need to be ordered, which may push the wait times longer than expected.
Priority Calls – Emergency calls are our highest priority. We know they can quickly become a serious situation. You can place a priority call to ensure you are the next customer to be serviced. The technician will be at your location within 24 hours. All priority calls require a credit card upon calling.
Local Plumbers – There is no sense in calling a plumbing service that is in another city. We have plumbers in all major city centers across the GTA that can respond to your emergency when you need it.
Fully Loaded Work Trucks – A fully inventoried truck is crucial so that your problem can not only be diagnosed quickly, but fixed quickly as well. Even if the job requires a specialty part, we can have it ordered within 24 hours.
* Terms and conditions apply. Check policies for more information.