Basement Waterproofing Oakville
Experienced Basement Waterproofing Oakville
‘Last updated: February 26, 2018‘ You should consider our basement waterproofing Oakville and don’t think that moisture is something that is harmless to your home or health. Moisture can actually be more harmful than many may think. Not only can it damage your property and lower your house’s value, but it can also produce a mold which can put your family’s health at risk. Basements are a key area where mold can form and we can provide you with a permanent long-term interior or exterior Oakville basement waterproofing solution.
Having either interior or exterior basement waterproofing Oakville will help keep your home safe and dry from wet weather elements. Interior basement waterproofing is easier and less intrusive yet it can be highly effective at preventing moisture from entering your home. Exterior basement waterproofing is a solid option as well as it completely safeguards your home’s foundation from moisture but it is generally more of a major project because it entails having to remove the soil around the home’s foundation. Either is a far better choice than having none at all protecting your home from floods and water damage. Here a few ways mold can build up in your basement:
Weak Foundation or Cracks in the Wall
Most basements are below ground level. This means they are surrounded by moisture filled soil. Over time, the moisture creates hydrostatic pressure against the floor and walls of the basement. With enough pressure, they begin to crack. Moisture then starts to make its way through the small cracks and crevices, damaging the foundation of your house. This outlines the importance of basement waterproofing Oakville.
Plugged Weeping Tiles
Most older houses are not equipped with backwater valves to prevent drain water backflow. This means if something is wrong with the drainage system around your neighborhood, the sewer water can back up into your house and cause major damage.
Leaky Windows and Blocked Drainage Tiles in Window Wells
Sometimes, especially in older houses, the frames around windows can become weak. When this happens it allows moisture and water to seep in. Take care of this by replacing your windows. Part of our process basement waterproofing Oakville.
Moisture buildup can cause mold to form. Dark and damp basements are the perfect setting for mold to form. The most common types of a mold such as Alternaria, Penicillium, Cladosporium, and Aspergillus are not very harmful. However, sometimes harmful mold such as Stachybotrys chartarum can make their way into your basement and cause you to be sick.
The best way to prevent mold from entering your basement is to prevent moisture from getting in. Here is how we prevent moisture from entering your basement.
1. Every exterior basement waterproofing job starts with first excavating down to the footing of the basement. The depth will obviously range but we typically excavate out 2-2.5 feet from the wall.
2. We dig out the old weeping tile and replace it with new 4″ weeping tile with filter cloth.
3. Next step is to clean the foundation walls searching for cracks, voids, and any other defects, chisel them out and fill with hydraulic cement which expands to completely fill the void.
4. From the grading down to the footing, we apply a rubbery membrane which is the most critical component in preventing water from breaching your foundation walls.
5. On top of that layer, we apply a dimpled drainage board which will be up against the soil. The dimples create little air gaps so that any water that gets through, drains directly down into the weeping tile.
6. Now that the waterproofing membrane is installed, we install a layer of 3/4″ gravel on top of the weeping tile and then do a water test to ensure the drainage is working properly.
7. We then backfill the excavated hole we made with the same soil we took out, compact it with a tamper to the original level, and clean up the area so it looks like we were never there! For more information on basement waterproofing Oakville, call us today.
“When I needed Oakville basement waterproofing near me, Plumber.ca was courteous and professional.”
Our Plumbing Services
Some past clients we’ve had the opportunity to work for:
Why Plumber.ca For Basement Waterproofing Oakville?
There are several plumbers out there. Many have experience. So why choose us over everyone else? Here are a few reasons:
No Hourly Charges – Many customers do not see the advantages of having a plumber who does not work by the hour. A plumber who works on a fixed price has no reason to stick around after the job is finished to ensure he gets paid more. Even if the job takes more time than required, you still pay the same amount.
Upfront, Exact Pricing – Every job we do has a set price shown in our price book. We go through with you exactly what the scope of the work will be to fix your problem and the costs involved. You know before we start what the final price will be – no surprises!
Rapid Response Times – Our highly efficient dispatch team will make sure our local plumbers are at your location as soon as possible. Under regular conditions, our plumbing technicians will arrive at your location within 24-hours. Service calls can take longer than expected and specialty parts may need to be ordered, which may push the wait times longer so we communicate ongoing.
Priority Calls – Emergency calls are our highest priority. We know they can quickly become a serious situation. You can place a priority call to ensure you are the next customer to be serviced. The technician will be at your location within 24-hours. All priority calls require a credit card upon calling.
Local Plumbers – There is no sense in calling a plumbing service that is in another city. We have plumbers in all major city centers across the GTA that can respond to your emergency when you need it.
Fully Loaded Work Trucks – A fully inventoried truck is crucial so that your problem can not only be diagnosed quickly, but fixed quickly as well. Even if the job requires a specialty part, we can have it ordered within 24-hours.
* Terms and conditions apply. Check policies for more information.