Basement Waterproofing North York
Trusted Professional Basement Waterproofing North York
‘Last updated: April 20, 2017‘ Basement waterproofing North York is critical but most people don’t consider a little moisture to be anything harmful until it is too late. When you have moisture forming in the cracks of your basement, it can be quite harmful to your property and health. Moisture buildup can lower your property value and create the mold, which can harm your health. It can also lead to a flood occurring in your basement which is a difficult situation to recover from in terms of the financial and emotional setbacks this causes.
When you choose to hire our expert local team for basement waterproofing North York you can choose to have interior or exterior basement waterproofing both of which have their merits. Exterior waterproofing does require that we dig up the soil surrounding your home’s foundation temporarily but it is a complete solution which protects your home from moisture from the outside. When this service is complete you will never know it was such a big project as we will return your property to its previous state. Otherwise, you can choose interior waterproofing which is certainly a good option as well so long as the membrane is sealed professionally this option does a terrific job of preventing moisture from entering your home. Moisture can build up a few ways. Here are a few reasons:
Weak Foundation or Cracks in the Wall
Most basements being below the water table can cause hydrostatic pressure below basements and against basement walls, which causes moisture to build up in the soil. Eventually, the moisture will seep into small cracks. When enough moisture builds up, it will damage your property unless you get basement waterproofing North York.
Plugged Weeping Tiles
There are many causes for drain water to back up into your house. When this happens, contaminated sewer water will flow back into your home.
Leaky Windows and Blocked Drainage Tiles in Window Wells
A window that is not sealed properly can cause water to enter your basement. Water from melting snow and rain can drip through the window frame and cause damage to your basement if not dealt with correctly. This helps with the overall basement waterproofing North York.
Mold can form from moisture in damp areas and can be the cause of serious health risks. The most common types of mold such as alternaria, penecillium, cladosporium, and aspergillus are not very harmful. However, sometimes harmful mold such as Stachybotrys chartarum can make their way into your basement and cause you to get sick.
The best way to prevent mold from entering your basement is to prevent moisture from getting in. Here is how we prevent moisture from entering your basement.
1. Every exterior basement waterproofing job starts with first excavating down to the footing of the basement. The depth will obviously range but we typically excavate out 2-2.5 feet from the wall.
2. We dig out the old weeping tile and replace it with new 4″ weeping tile with filter cloth.
3. Next step is to clean the foundation walls searching for cracks, voids, and any other defects, chisel them out and fill with hydraulic cement which expands to completely fill the void.
4. From the grading down to the footing, we apply a rubbery membrane which is the most critical component in preventing water from breaching your foundation walls.
5. On top of that layer, we apply a dimpled drainage board which will be up against the soil. The dimples create little air gaps so that any water that gets through, drains directly down into the weeping tile.
6. Now that the waterproofing membrane is installed, we install a layer of 3/4″ gravel on top of the weeping tile and then do a water test to ensure the drainage is working properly.
7. We then backfill the excavated hole we made with the same soil we took out, compact it with a tamper to the original level, and clean up the area so it looks like we were never there!
For more information on basement waterproofing in North York, call us today.
“When I needed to have basement waterproofing in North York near me, Plumber.ca did fast and professional work.”
Our Plumbing Services
Some of the past clients we’ve had the opportunity to work for:
Why Plumber.ca For Basement Waterproofing North York?
There are several plumbers out there. Many have experience. So why choose us over everyone else? Here are a few reasons:
No Hourly Charges – Many customers do not see the advantages of having a plumber who does not work by the hour. A plumber who works on a fixed price has no reason to stick around after the job is finished to ensure he gets paid more. Even if the job takes more time than required, you still pay the same amount.
Upfront, Exact Pricing – Every job we do has a set price shown in our price book. We go through with you exactly what the scope of the work will be to fix your problem and the costs involved. You know before we start what the final price will be -no surprises!
Rapid Response Times – Our highly efficient dispatch team will make sure our local plumbers are at your location as soon as possible. Under normal conditions, our technicians will arrive at your location within 48 hours. Service calls can take longer than expected and sometimes specialty parts need to be ordered, which may push the wait times longer than expected.
Priority Calls – Emergency calls are our highest priority. We know they can quickly become a serious situation. You can place a priority call to ensure you are the next customer to be serviced. The technician will be at your location within 24 hours. All priority calls require a credit card upon calling.
Local Plumbers – There is no sense in calling a plumbing service that is in another city. We have plumbers in all major city centers across the GTA that can respond to your emergency when you need it.
Fully Loaded Work Trucks – A fully inventoried truck is crucial so that your problem can not only be diagnosed quickly, but fixed quickly as well. Even if the job requires a specialty part, we can have it ordered within 24 hours.
* Terms and conditions apply. Check policies for more information.