Basement Waterproofing Mississauga
Discover Excellence In Basement Waterproofing Mississauga
‘Last updated: April 15, 2018‘ Basement waterproofing Mississauga is critical because moisture and mold can have negative impacts on your home and health. Having moisture in the cracks and crevices of your home can depreciate the value of your house as well. When mold starts forming as a result of the moisture, it can be hazardous to your health and damage the structure of your home. This is why you need our Mississauga basement waterproofing service because it will give you a permanent long-term solution against moisture and water damage.
Basement waterproofing Mississauga essentially takes two different forms available to you. One is interior basement waterproofing which is very effective if it is provided by a team of local experts such as those at Plumber.ca. The other option is exterior basement waterproofing which entails digging up the soil around the foundation of your home temporarily. Yet, this is a better solution as it will fully waterproofing the home’s foundation from the outside. Either choice is a worthy option to move forward with as a measure to ensure your home and family is kept safe, dry, and healthy. Don’t risk having a basement flood as this is a worst case situation that is costly and difficult to recover from. You can rely on our 25+ years of experience to get the work completed successfully with a very long-term solution. Please call us today!
Moisture can build up a few ways. Here are a few reasons:
Weak Foundation or Cracks in the Wall
Most basements being below the water table can cause hydrostatic pressure below basements and against basement walls, which causes moisture to build up in the soil. Eventually, the moisture will seep into small cracks. When enough moisture builds up, it will damage your property.
Plugged Weeping Tiles
There are many causes for drain water to back up into your house. When this happens, contaminated sewer water will flow back into your home. Take care of this risk with professional basement waterproofing Mississauga.
Leaky Windows and Blocked Drainage Tiles in Window Wells
If your basement windows are not sealed properly, water from rain and melting snow can enter your basement. Make sure all your windows are sealed, and if not, replace them.
The biggest problem you can face is mold growing in your basement. The most common types of the mold such as Alternaria, Penicillium, Cladosporium, and Aspergillus are not very harmful. There is harmful mold such as Stachybotrys chartarum that can make their way into your basement and cause illness.
The best way to prevent mold from entering your basement is to prevent moisture from getting in. Here is how we prevent moisture from entering your basement.
1. Every exterior basement waterproofing job starts with first excavating down to the footing of the basement. The depth will obviously range but we typically excavate out 2-2.5 feet from the wall.
2. We dig out the old weeping tile and replace it with new 4″ weeping tile with filter cloth.
3. Next step is to clean the foundation walls searching for cracks, voids, and any other defects, chisel them out and fill with hydraulic cement which expands to completely fill the void.
4. From the grading down to the footing, we apply a rubbery membrane which is the most critical component in preventing water from breaching your foundation walls.
5. On top of that layer, we apply a dimpled drainage board which will be up against the soil. The dimples create little air gaps so that any water that gets through, drains directly down into the weeping tile.
6. Now that the waterproofing membrane is installed, we install a layer of 3/4″ gravel on top of the weeping tile and then do a water test to ensure the drainage is working properly.
7. We then backfill the excavated hole we made with the same soil we took out, compact it with a tamper to the original level, and clean up the area so it looks like we were never there! For more information on basement waterproofing Mississauga, call us today.
“When I needed professional Mississauga basement waterproofing near me I hired Plumber.ca and they did solid work.”
Our Plumbing Services
Some past clients we’ve had the opportunity to work for:
Why Plumber.ca For Basement Waterproofing Mississauga?
There are several plumbers out there. Many have experience. So why choose us over everyone else? Here are a few reasons:
No Hourly Charges – Many customers do not see the advantages of having a plumber who does not work by the hour. A plumber who works on a fixed price has no reason to stick around after the job is finished to ensure he gets paid more. Even if the job takes more time than required, you still pay the same amount.
Upfront, Exact Pricing – Every job we do has a set price shown in our price book. We go through with you exactly what the scope of the work will be to fix your problem and the costs involved. You know before we start what the final price will be – no surprises!
Rapid Response Times – Our highly efficient dispatch team will make sure our local plumbers are at your location as soon as possible. Under regular conditions, our plumbing technicians will arrive at your location within 24-hours. Service calls can take longer than expected and specialty parts may need to be ordered, which may push the wait times longer so we communicate ongoing.
Priority Calls – Emergency calls are our highest priority. We know they can quickly become a serious situation. You can place a priority call to ensure you are the next customer to be serviced. The technician will be at your location within 24-hours. All priority calls require a credit card upon calling.
Local Plumbers – There is no sense in calling a plumbing service that is in another city. We have plumbers in all major city centers across the GTA that can respond to your emergency when you need it.
Fully Loaded Work Trucks – A fully inventoried truck is crucial so that your problem can not only be diagnosed quickly, but fixed quickly as well. Even if the job requires a specialty part, we can have it ordered within 24-hours.
* Terms and conditions apply. Check policies for more information.