Basement Waterproofing Hamilton
Essential Basement Waterproofing Hamilton
‘Last updated: December 12, 2017‘ Trust our expert basement waterproofing Hamilton. Water is an essential element to run a house. But not all water can be beneficial. If water seeps in through cracks in your basement floor or walls, or by a pipe or window, it can cause serious water damage to your house and put your family’s health at risk. Water damage can prove costly to your home’s foundation and basement. Not to mention the valuables inside your home. And water damage can lead to mold damage which is also devastating to deal with as a result. Don’t take the risk of having a flooded basement. You do well to hire our experts for basement waterproofing Hamilton you can rely on our 25+ years of experience proudly serving the city excellence in workmanship and friendly customer service. Water can accumulate in your basement in several ways:
Weak Foundation or Cracks in the Wall
Since basements are below ground level, they are surrounded by soil. Over time, moisture builds up in the soil and can cause hydrostatic pressure against the floors and walls of the basement, causing the concrete to crack. Eventually, water or moisture will start to make its way in your house.
Plugged Weeping Tiles
Although newer houses are prone to drain water entering their houses, older houses are still susceptible to drain water flowing back. If this happens, it will cause damages over $30,000. This is the process of basement waterproofing Hamilton.
Leaky Windows and Blocked Drainage Tiles in Window Wells
Over time, all structures become weak. This includes the frames around windows. Eventually, they will start leaking. Your best option is to replace them at the first sign of a leak.
Possibly the worst thing that can happen as a result of moisture is mold. While most mold are harmless, there are several types that can cause serious health risks. The most common types of mold such as alternaria, penecillium, cladosporium, and aspergillus are not very harmful. However, sometimes harmful mold such as Stachybotrys chartarum can make their way into your basement and cause you to be sick. Basement waterproofing Hamilton is the best prevention against mold damage.
The best way to prevent mold from entering your basement is to prevent moisture from getting in. Here is how we prevent moisture from entering your basement.
1. Every exterior basement waterproofing job starts with first excavating down to the footing of the basement. The depth will obviously range but we typically excavate out 2-2.5 feet from the wall.
2. We dig out the old weeping tile and replace it with new 4″ weeping tile with filter cloth.
3. Next step is to clean the foundation walls searching for cracks, voids, and any other defects, chisel them out and fill with hydraulic cement which expands to completely fill the void.
4. From the grading down to the footing, we apply a rubbery membrane which is the most critical component in preventing water from breaching your foundation walls.
5. On top of that layer, we apply a dimpled drainage board which will be up against the soil. The dimples create little air gaps so that any water that gets through, drains directly down into the weeping tile.
6. Now that the waterproofing membrane is installed, we install a layer of 3/4″ gravel on top of the weeping tile and then do a water test to ensure the drainage is working properly.
7. We then backfill the excavated hole we made with the same soil we took out, compact it with a tamper to the original level, and clean up the area so it looks like we were never there! For more information on basement waterproofing in Hamilton, call us today.
“When I need professional Hamilton basement waterproofing near me Plumber.ca was fast and professional.”
Our Plumbing Services
Some past clients we’ve had the opportunity to work for:
Why Plumber.ca For Basement Waterproofing Hamilton?
There are several plumbers out there. Many have experience. So why choose us over everyone else? Here are a few reasons:
No Hourly Charges – Many customers do not see the advantages of having a plumber who does not work by the hour. A plumber who works on a fixed price has no reason to stick around after the job is finished to ensure he gets paid more. Even if the job takes more time than required, you still pay the same amount.
Upfront, Exact Pricing – Every job we do has a set price shown in our price book. We go through with you exactly what the scope of the work will be to fix your problem and the costs involved. You know before we start what the final price will be – no surprises!
Rapid Response Times – Our highly efficient dispatch team will make sure our local plumbers are at your location as soon as possible. Under regular conditions, our plumbing technicians will arrive at your location within 24-hours. Service calls can take longer than expected and specialty parts may need to be ordered, which may push the wait times longer so we communicate ongoing.
Priority Calls – Emergency calls are our highest priority. We know they can quickly become a serious situation. You can place a priority call to ensure you are the next customer to be serviced. The technician will be at your location within 24-hours. All priority calls require a credit card upon calling.
Local Plumbers – There is no sense in calling a plumbing service that is in another city. We have plumbers in all major city centers across the GTA that can respond to your emergency when you need it.
Fully Loaded Work Trucks – A fully inventoried truck is crucial so that your problem can not only be diagnosed quickly, but fixed quickly as well. Even if the job requires a specialty part, we can have it ordered within 24-hours.
* Terms and conditions apply. Check policies for more information.