Basement Waterproofing Etobicoke
Call (416) 433-1111
Trusted, Reliable Basement Waterproofing Etobicoke
‘Last updated: December 6, 2016‘ Moisture can be more harmful than you think. Slowly, it can make its way through the cracks and crevices of your basements walls and floors, damaging the property. It can also lead to the buildup of mold, which can cause sickness. Basement waterproofing Etobicoke is essential to protecting your home. There are essentially two types of basement waterproofing to choose from and these are interior and exterior. Interior basement waterproofing is a good option if you get it done professionally and you would do well to hire our local experts for this. Otherwise, exterior basement waterproofing Etobicoke is a full proof way to protect your home’s foundation from the outside. Either way, you can depend on our approach to be professional and long-term. We will keep your home dry and safe with our basement waterproofing Etobicoke so please feel free to reach out to us today!
Here are a few ways water can build up in your basement:
Weak Foundation or Cracks in the Wall
Moisture in the soil around the basement can cause the basement walls to crack and the moisture to seep in. This will damage property over time. The moisture will over time form mould, which can cause serious health risks to your family.
Plugged Weeping Tiles
Water flowing back from sewer drains can be harmful to your house and health too. Sewer water contains a lot of bacteria. When a house is flooded with sewer water, there are many problems that can arise as a result of dirty sewer water.
Leaky Windows and Blocked Drainage Tiles in Window Wells
If a window does not have a secure frame, water from rain and snow can leak into your basement, damaging your walls or nearby furniture. Allow us to help you with basement waterproofing Etobicoke.
Mold is by far the worst thing that can happen as a result of moisture build-up in your basement. Basements are the most susceptible to growing mold because they provide the perfect conditions for where mould form: dark and damp areas. The most common types of mold such as alternaria, penecillium, cladosporium, and aspergillus are not very harmful. However, sometimes harmful mould such as Stachybotrys chartarum can make their way into your basement and cause you to be sick.
The best way to prevent mold from entering your basement is to prevent moisture from getting in. Here is how we prevent moisture from entering your basement.
1. Every exterior basement waterproofing job starts with first excavating down to the footing of the basement. The depth will obviously range but we typically excavate out 2-2.5 feet from the wall.
2. We dig out the old weeping tile and replace it with new 4″ weeping tile with filter cloth.
3. Next step is to clean the foundation walls searching for cracks, voids, and any other defects, chisel them out and fill with hydraulic cement which expands to completely fill the void.
4. From the grading down to the footing, we apply a rubbery membrane which is the most critical component in preventing water from breaching your foundation walls.
5. On top of that layer, we apply a dimpled drainage board which will be up against the soil. The dimples create little air gaps so that any water that gets through, drains directly down into the weeping tile.
6. Now that the waterproofing membrane is installed, we install a layer of 3/4″ gravel on top of the weeping tile and then do a water test to ensure the drainage is working properly.
7. We then backfill the excavated hole we made with the same soil we took out, compact it with a tamper to the original level, and clean up the area so it looks like we were never there!
For more information on basement waterproofing in Etobicoke, call us today.
Our Plumbing Services
Some of the past clients we’ve had the opportunity to work for:
Why Plumber.ca For Basement Waterproofing Etobicoke?
There are several plumbers out there. Many have experience. So why choose us over everyone else? Here are a few reasons:
No Hourly Charges – Many customers do not see the advantages of having a plumber who does not work by the hour. A plumber who works on a fixed price has no reason to stick around after the job is finished to ensure he gets paid more. Even if the job takes more time than required, you still pay the same amount.
Upfront, Exact Pricing – Every job we do has a set price shown in our price book. We go through with you exactly what the scope of the work will be to fix your problem and the costs involved. You know before we start what the final price will be -no surprises!
Rapid Response Times – Our highly efficient dispatch team will make sure our local plumbers are at your location as soon as possible. Under normal conditions, our technicians will arrive at your location within 48 hours. Service calls can take longer than expected and sometimes specialty parts need to be ordered, which may push the wait times longer than expected.
Priority Calls – Emergency calls are our highest priority. We know they can quickly become a serious situation. You can place a priority call to ensure you are the next customer to be serviced. The technician will be at your location within 24 hours. All priority calls require a credit card upon calling.
Local Plumbers – There is no sense in calling a plumbing service that is in another city. We have plumbers in all major city centers across the GTA that can respond to your emergency when you need it.
Fully Loaded Work Trucks – A fully inventoried truck is crucial so that your problem can not only be diagnosed quickly, but fixed quickly as well. Even if the job requires a specialty part, we can have it ordered within 24 hours.
* Terms and conditions apply. Check policies for more information.