Basement Waterproofing Burlington
Professional, Local Basement Waterproofing Burlington
‘Last updated: April 14, 2018‘ Trust our 24-hour Burlington waterproofing service. Moisture may not seem like much, but it can do more damage than most people realize. If water or moisture makes its way into your house from the outside, you may have a lot of work ahead of you. This is why basement waterproofing Burlington, is so important. Our interior or exterior basement waterproofing Burlington will keep your home safe and dry. Both are a good option to consider and will do the job of keeping your home dry. Interior is less costly yet it is an effective service. Exterior basement waterproofing is a bigger job but will fully waterproof the outside of your home’s foundation. Here is how moisture can make its way into your home and the damage it can cause:
Weak Foundation or Cracks in the Wall
The soil around basements (or the foundation of your home) contains a lot of moisture. Over a long period of time, hydrostatic pressure can build up against the walls and floor of your basement. When this happens, the foundation of the home begins to crack and eventually, moisture and water make its way through cracks.
Plugged Weeping Tiles
Although newer houses are prone to drain water backing up into homes, older homes have a good chance of this happening. If a proper back water flow system is not in place, sewer water can flow back into your pipes.
Leaky Windows and Blocked Drainage Tiles in Window Wells
Windows frames can become weak over time. When this happens, moisture can start leaking in through the windows of your basement. The solution to this is to replace or repair our windows.
Mold forms from moisture in damp areas such as basements. Although most mold is harmless, there are several different types that can cause sickness to your family. The most common types of a mold such as Alternaria, Penicillium, Cladosporium, and Aspergillus are not very harmful. However, sometimes harmful mold such as Stachybotrys Chartarum can make their way into your basement and cause you to be sick.
The best way to prevent mold from entering your basement is to prevent moisture from getting in. Here is how we prevent moisture from entering your basement.
1. Every exterior basement waterproofing job starts with first excavating down to the footing of the basement. The depth will obviously range but we typically excavate out 2-2.5 feet from the wall.
2. We dig out the old weeping tile and replace it with new 4″ weeping tile with filter cloth. This is all the process of basement waterproofing Burlington.
3. Next step is to clean the foundation walls searching for cracks, voids, and any other defects, chisel them out and fill with hydraulic cement which expands to completely fill the void.
4. From the grading down to the footing, we apply a rubbery membrane which is the most critical component in preventing water from breaching your foundation walls.
5. On top of that layer, we apply a dimpled drainage board which will be up against the soil. The dimples create little air gaps so that any water that gets through, drains directly down into the weeping tile.
6. Now that the waterproofing membrane is installed, we install a layer of 3/4″ gravel on top of the weeping tile and then do a water test to ensure the drainage is working properly.
7. We then backfill the excavated hole we made with the same soil we took out, compact it with a tamper to the original level, and clean up the area so it looks like we were never there! For more information on basement waterproofing Burlington, call us today.
“When I needed Burlington basement waterproofing near me that was reliable Plumber.ca did stellar work.”
Our Plumbing Services
Some past clients we’ve had the opportunity to work for:
Why Plumber.ca For Basement Waterproofing Burlington?
There are several plumbers out there. Many have experience. So why choose us over everyone else? Here are a few reasons:
No Hourly Charges – Many customers do not see the advantages of having a plumber who does not work by the hour. A plumber who works on a fixed price has no reason to stick around after the job is finished to ensure he gets paid more. Even if the job takes more time than required, you still pay the same amount.
Upfront, Exact Pricing – Every job we do has a set price shown in our price book. We go through with you exactly what the scope of the work will be to fix your problem and the costs involved. You know before we start what the final price will be – no surprises!
Rapid Response Times – Our highly efficient dispatch team will make sure our local plumbers are at your location as soon as possible. Under regular conditions, our plumbing technicians will arrive at your location within 24-hours. Service calls can take longer than expected and specialty parts may need to be ordered, which may push the wait times longer so we communicate ongoing.
Priority Calls – Emergency calls are our highest priority. We know they can quickly become a serious situation. You can place a priority call to ensure you are the next customer to be serviced. The technician will be at your location within 24-hours. All priority calls require a credit card upon calling.
Local Plumbers – There is no sense in calling a plumbing service that is in another city. We have plumbers in all major city centers across the GTA that can respond to your emergency when you need it.
Fully Loaded Work Trucks – A fully inventoried truck is crucial so that your problem can not only be diagnosed quickly, but fixed quickly as well. Even if the job requires a specialty part, we can have it ordered within 24-hours.
* Terms and conditions apply. Check policies for more information.