Basement Waterproofing Aurora
Local Basement Waterproofing Aurora
‘Last updated: April 20, 2017‘ Basement waterproofing Aurora may be more important than you think. When water makes its way through the cracks of the walls and floors, it can cause damage to your wallet and health. Keep your basement water-free to prevent this with a permanent waterproofing solution. Our local waterproofing in Aurora can be interior or exterior. Our approach is professional and the solution will be very long-term. Don’t take the risk of having a flood in your home. This has devastating effects and is difficult to recover from due to the financial loss and the emotional stress caused by such a situation. You can rely on our local team as we have more than 25 years of experience. Here are a few ways water can make its way into your house:
Weak Foundation or Cracks in The Walls
Since the foundation of your house is wrapped around in the soil, hydrostatic pressure from the moisture in the soil can cause the walls and floors of your basement to form cracks. Water can slowly make its way through these small cracks and damage the foundations of your home.
Plugged Weeping Tiles
Check to make sure that you have a proper anti-flood device installed to prevent water back flow. When sewer water backs up due to several causes, the water can flow back into your house. This can cause quite a mess.
Leaky Windows and Blocked Drainage Tiles in Window Wells
Another thing to look out for is making sure all the windows in your basement are not leaking. If they are then they need to be replaced before any water or moisture can enter your basement.
Mold is one of the worst things that can happen in your basement. While most mold is harmless, there are several types that can cause sickness. The most common types of mold such as alternaria, penecillium, cladosporium, and aspergillus are the least harmful. However, sometimes harmful mold such as Stachybotrys chartarum can make their way into your basement and cause sickness.
The best way to prevent mold from entering your basement is to prevent moisture from getting in is with basement waterproofing Aurora. Here is how we prevent moisture from entering your basement.
1. Every exterior basement waterproofing job starts with first excavating down to the footing of the basement. The depth will obviously range but we typically excavate out 2-2.5 feet from the wall.
2. We dig out the old weeping tile and replace it with new 4″ weeping tile with filter cloth.
3. Next step is to clean the foundation walls searching for cracks, voids, and any other defects, chisel them out and fill with hydraulic cement which expands to completely fill the void.
4. From the grading down to the footing, we apply a rubbery membrane which is the most critical component in preventing water from breaching your foundation walls.
5. On top of that layer, we apply a dimpled drainage board which will be up against the soil. The dimples create little air gaps so that any water that gets through, drains directly down into the weeping tile.
6. Now that the waterproofing membrane is installed, we install a layer of 3/4″ gravel on top of the weeping tile and then do a water test to ensure the drainage is working properly.
7. We then backfill the excavated hole we made with the same soil we took out, compact it with a tamper to the original level, and clean up the area so it looks like we were never there!
For more information on basement waterproofing Aurora, call us today.
“When I needed waterproofing in Aurora near me, Plumber.ca had qualified professionals ready to go.”
Our Plumbing Services
Some of the past clients we’ve had the opportunity to work for:
Why Plumber.ca For Basement Waterproofing Aurora?
There are several plumbers out there. Many have experience. So why choose us over everyone else? Here are a few reasons:
No Hourly Charges – Many customers do not see the advantages of having a plumber who does not work by the hour. A plumber who works on a fixed price has no reason to stick around after the job is finished to ensure he gets paid more. Even if the job takes more time than required, you still pay the same amount.
Upfront, Exact Pricing – Every job we do has a set price shown in our price book. We go through with you exactly what the scope of the work will be to fix your problem and the costs involved. You know before we start what the final price will be -no surprises!
Rapid Response Times – Our highly efficient dispatch team will make sure our local plumbers are at your location as soon as possible. Under normal conditions, our technicians will arrive at your location within 48 hours. Service calls can take longer than expected and sometimes specialty parts need to be ordered, which may push the wait times longer than expected.
Priority Calls – Emergency calls are our highest priority. We know they can quickly become a serious situation. You can place a priority call to ensure you are the next customer to be serviced. The technician will be at your location within 24 hours. All priority calls require a credit card upon calling.
Local Plumbers – There is no sense in calling a plumbing service that is in another city. We have plumbers in all major city centers across the GTA that can respond to your emergency when you need it.
Fully Loaded Work Trucks – A fully inventoried truck is crucial so that your problem can not only be diagnosed quickly, but fixed quickly as well. Even if the job requires a specialty part, we can have it ordered within 24 hours.
* Terms and conditions apply. Check policies for more information.